“780 million people in the world lack fresh water.”
- 780 million people lack fresh water
- 10%: the portion of fresh water people consume directly.
- 90%: the portion of fresh water used to grow food.
- 7,133 gallons: amount of water used to produce a pound of beef
- 700 gallons: amount of water used to produce a cotton t-shirt.
- 2,600 gallons: water to produce a pair of jeans.
- 240,000 gallons: water lost each year due to aging infrastructure and main breaks.
- 100 gallons: average American uses a day.
- 38 gallons: to produce one cup of coffee
It’s a Thirsty World
If you liked this post and would like more information about how we can assist you in your sustainable or green building projects, please fill out this form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.